Your storage needs are growing. You need a SAN for virtualized servers, and you want your next investment to have a long term payoff.
The HP LeftHand P4000 SAN Solutions are optimized for database and email applications, as well as virtualized servers. With a pay-as-you-grow, all-inclusive pricing model and intuitive storage management software, the SAN is perfect for the budget-minded. Do high availability and disaster recovery seem out of your reach? The
P4000 eliminates single points of failure across the SAN with an innovative approach to data availability, reducing risk without driving up costs. Unsure that current storage can meet your future needs? Built on a storage clustering architecture, the HP P4000 SAN allows you to scale capacity and performance linearly without incurring downtime or performance bottlenecks, or forcing expensive upgrades. Need creative ways to stretch your IT budget? Reservationless thin provisioning substantially increases your storage efficiency.
Features & Benefits
All inclusive feature set enables enterprise functionality at an affordable price
- Storage Clustering simplifies scalability: Storage Clustering allows a customer to consolidate multiple storage nodes into pools of storage. All available capacity and performance is aggregated and available to every volume in the cluster. As storage needs increase the HP P4000 can scale performance and capacity on-line.
- Network RAID delivers new level of availability: Network RAID stripes and mirrors multiple copies of data across a cluster of storage nodes, eliminating any single point of failure in the HP P4000 SAN. Applications have continuous data availability in the event of a power, network, disk, controller, or entire storage node failure.
- Thin Provisioning increases storage efficiency: Thin Provisioning allocates space only as data is actually written without requiring pre-allocation of storage. This raises the overall utilization and efficiency of the HP P4000 SAN, reduces costs and ultimately increases the ROI.
- Snapshots simplify data protection: Snapshots create thinly provisioned, instant point-in-time copies of data on a per-volume basis. Administrators can access the snapshots to recover individual files or folders from the volume, or rollback an entire volume to a prior state.
- Remote Copy reduces costs for disaster recovery: Remote Copy replicates snapshots between HP P4000 SANs at primary and remote locations. Copies are thinly provisioned with no space reservation required at the remote location. Remote Copy enables centralized backup and disaster recovery on a per-volume basis.
Superior availability and disaster recovery
- Data remains available during site failures: HP P4000 SANs stripe and mirror multiple copies of data across a cluster of storage nodes, eliminating any single point of failure in the SAN. Applications have continuous data availability in the event of a power, network, disk, controller, or entire storage node failure.
- Integrated replication for disaster recovery: HP P4000 SANs include integrated replication at no additional cost that simplifies management with simple failover and failback..
- Change configurations without incurring downtime: Administrators can add capacity, increase performance, grow and migrate volumes between HP P4000 SAN clusters on the fly with no application downtime.
- Purchase only what you need today: Avoid up-front cost and the potential performance constraints. Purchase only what’s needed today, then grow the performance, capacity, and redundancy of your HP P4000 SAN online as storage requirements evolve. Buying storage only when needed simplifies planning and relieves budget pressures.
- Scale performance and capacity simultaneously: Each time a storage node is added to the HP P4000 SAN, the capacity, performance, and redundancy of the entire storage solution increases.
- Avoid disruptive upgrades: Add resources to the HP P4000 SAN non-disruptively as capacity and performance requirements increase. Applications remain online during maintenance events for best in class availability.
Easy to manage SANs for virtualized environments
- Centralized Management Console: Multiple data centers and sites can be managed from an all inclusive “single pane-of-glass.” All of the HP P4000 SAN features are managed from the Centralized Management Console (CMC) for simple, easy-to-manage storage.
- Business continuance with integrated HA and DR: Every HP P4000 SAN includes integrated synchronous and asynchronous replication at no additional cost. This approach reduces costs and simplifies management of high availability/fault tolerant and disaster recovery storage solutions.